- 2 tsp olive oil
- brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 slices (80g) wholemeal bread, torn
- 500g chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1 (about 120g) zucchini, finely grated
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 sheets frozen reduced-fat puff pastry, partially thawed, halved
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over low heat. Cook onion and garlic, covered, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until soft. Cool.
2. Process the bread into crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Process the chicken until a mince consistency forms. Add the chicken, onion mixture, herbs, zucchini, lemon juice and rind to breadcrumbs. Season. Mix to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Place one-sixth of chicken mixture along centre of each pastry piece. Brush edges with water. Fold over filling, pressing to seal. Turnover, seam-side down. Brush with egg. Top with sesame seeds.
4. Place on lined trays. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.